It’s not every day you come across a man who grows chairs. And lampshades. And mirrors. But that’s exactly what Gavin Munro does in an idyllic plot deep in the Derbyshire Dales. I visited Gavin in May, keen to see for myself this quirky bit of agriculture. The piece was originally commissioned for radio 4’s PM programme where it ran a couple of weeks ago. Then the BBC website got in on the act which gave me chance to wax lyrical for this online piece; it was a joy to write about.
- From despair to (cautious) optimism. Ahead of pubs re-opening tomorrow, @VictoriaCraig re-visits @ParlourUK . It's… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
- @jadeemmons @johnycassidy @TheTollington Thanks - @johnycassidy sounds like a possibility 1 day ago
- @Food4_Media @johnycassidy fab, thanks very much 1 day ago
- URGENT #journorequest #journorequests my colleague @johnycassidy is looking for a pub planning to re-open at some… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- @irishjourno Actually, you've a point there. Must be legit. 2 days ago