The other week I went to Dungeness to do a BBC World Service and Radio 4 report on the sale of land, houses and miscellany by the Dungeness Estate. There are lots of unique things about what’s often called ‘Britain’s Only Desert’. The landscape is bizarre; shingle with a smattering of fishing boat skeletons, railway carriages and expensive architect-designed houses. My favourite person was Carol who’s been holidaying in an ex fruit and milk wagon for 60 years; before the nuclear power station came. She doesn’t mind the power station, she can just look the other way. I hope that whoever buys the estate will treat it withthe respect that its barren yet beguiling beauty deserves .
- @Prof_Chadwick thanks, I've just replied 22 minutes ago
- @Prof_Chadwick Hi Prof Chadwick, pls can you email me about a potential BBC radio interview? firstname.lastname@example.org 58 minutes ago
- @kevinmccullagh Hi Kevin, I wanted to get in touch regarding a possible radio interview. Pls can you email me at email@example.com 1 hour ago
- @mrblairbowman @TheIleach Yes, it's great isn't it! 5 hours ago
- That sld've read the islands of Islay and Jura but I was er so excited I forgot a word or two 5 hours ago